Wednesday, September 18, 2013

WRITING AGAINST THE ROPES


WRITING AGAINST THE ROPES

THE BOOK LIFE NOW BLOG GETS AGAINST THE ROPES WITH FIGHT CARD'S TERRENCE MCCAULEY (WRITING AS JACK TUNNEY) ... 

Writing a prequel to a successful first novel can pin a writer against the ropes of his storyline … Why did I write Against The Ropes? The short answer is because Paul Bishop let me. I’ve been a fan of the Fight Card series from the beginning and had wanted to try my hand at writing for the series. I’d already covered Terry Quinn’s boxing career in passing in my other book Prohibition, which was written several years before the Fight Card series began. But since Quinn’s days in the ring play such an important role in which the character has become at the beginning of Prohibition, I’d always dreamed of being able to tell the story of the end of his career in more detail ...

TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE CLICK HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment