Sunday, September 23, 2012

ALL PULP FEATURES FIGHT CARD!

ALL PULP FEATURES FIGHT CARD!

PULPMEISTER BOBBY NASH INTERVIEWS FIGHT CARD AUTHOR PAUL BISHOP (FIGHT CARD: FELONY FISTS) OVER AT THE ALL PULP BLOG ...

Pulp novels covered a wide range of genres. New Pulp Author Paul Bishop is working with a talented crop of writers to bring back the sweet science to pulp. Welcome to Fight Card.

All Pulp recently sat down with Bish to discuss his writing, the Fight Card Series, and all things pulp. Pulpsters, meet Paul Bishop.

AP: Tell us a little about yourself and your pulp interests.

PB: I’ve been voraciously reading pulp stories since my early twenties starting with reprints from the detective story magazines (such as Black Mask), and eventually moving on to the standard hero tales like the Shadow and Doc Savage.  When I started collecting pulps, I found myself drawn to the adventure, sports, and western pulps as they were more affordable and plentiful. 

I first got hooked on collecting copies of Argosy and Adventure – magazines containing stories from the likes of H. Beresford Jones, Talbot Mundy, and the swashbuckling tales of George Challis (Max Brand).  A long run of Street and Smith’s Sport Story was next as I collected tales by Jackson Scholz under his many pseudonyms.  All of this led to Fight Stories Magazine and my fixation and enjoyment of fight fiction, which would eventually inspire the Fight Card series of novelettes I currently write and edit.

FOR THE FULL INTERVIEW CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment